The Short Story
A universe expands from its origin. A collaborative fiction universe expands from a genesis story. The genesis story should have the following traits:
- The story needs to be short so it is easy to reach many.
- The story needs to set the basics of the universe so the creators can expand it with a shared vision.
- The story needs to have a large potential for expansion so it offers creative freedom to the creators.
- Bonus. A story made in Web3 should reflect on Web3. It should not be something that can be made anywhere else.
- Short - It is a 15mins read.
- It sets the basics of the Babel Universe - A near-future techno-dystopia where everyone uses a brain-computer interface implant while 10,000 people find a “universal language”.
- Potential for expansion - There are 100 virtual planets in the story seeking “Heaven” and 10,000 people whose thoughts, emotions, memories, and flaws are interconnected. Each one of them can have a backstory and what they decide to do can change the future of their world.
- Moreover, it is a Meta-Story. The “universal language” that connects people’s minds enables everyone’s voice to be heard. This is a metaphor for the essence of Web3 - decentralization.
The Original Short Story “Babel”